Of Indian Grocery Store UK
- Category Design & Marketing
- Client Indian Grocery Store UK
- Start Date May 2021
- Industry Food Retail Trade Sector
Here at Indian Grocery Store our aim is to bring your local shopping experience online. Gone are the days of rummaging through those cluttered shelves trying to figure out if asafoetida and hing are the same thing. We’re here to ensure that no matter what you know the ingredient as, that much needed fist of this or pinch of that is just a few clicks away.
Our goal is to provide you with products that you know and love, at reasonable prices, delivered to your front door; and best of all with everything you need at your fingertips we’re always the Indian Grocery Store near you.
- IGS recently launched so the domain had minimal authority and had limited ranking for any key competitive keywords.
- Our client runs a Grocery Store and were looking to increase organic reach, build brand awareness, and attract online sales from across the UK.
- Minimal content in product pages & blog
- We put together a strategy, after thorough keyword research to determine the most effective search terms to target.
- Our plan was to create more high-quality blog content and expand its scope, allowing us to build more internal links to relevant product and category pages.
- detailed on page analysis and optimization of individual pages.
- Used Ahrefs to review the backlink profiles of top 3 competitors, who will offer similar products to the same target market.
What We Did
- Removing duplication in their category pages, managing index bloat, adding their XML sitemap to the robots.txt, and removing now-defunct meta keywords from their site.
- Create “topical clusters”, which can be thought of as groups of pages that talk about different elements of the same key topic.
- We also made a push to gain backlinks and citations from local publishers.
- Optimised every page of their website, on-page and off-page with SEO for ecommerce websites.
- Changes like title tags, header tags, URL structure, internal linking, etc was implemented.
- We spent time speeding up the site up by installing caching software and making other server and setup changes.
We achieved an 88% increase in organic clicks from Google over a 3 month period.
Generating 1500£ a month to 3500£ a month, or a 112% increase overall.
Number of referring domains has grown significantly (3 to 341)
Great Wealth of SEO Knowledge
The NFlow team is very easy to work with, they listen to your problems carefully and provide great solutions. The team implements their learning very quickly. Recently we have new design suggestions to improve conversions and we are happy to see the results. We will continue to work with them for long periods of time.